Greetings SCTD Community!
It is that time of year for our Annual Elections!
Your 2023 Nominating Committee, listed below, needs your nominations for the upcoming positions:
- Corresponding Secretary
- 3 At Large
As you are considering who to nominate, please check with that individual first to make sure they are willing to serve in that position if they are asked. Also please note, for the Vice President position they will need to have served on the SCTD Board, been a Rector and must have a current Letter of Recommendation from their Pastor.
If someone has served 2 full 2-year positions, they must step down from
the board for a year.
The nominations are open NOW and will close Sunday July 23rd. Please submit your nominations to any of the of the 5 members of the nominating committee or even easier by filling out THIS FORM.
Your Nomination Committee Members are:
- Cody Walker
- Diane Clark
- Gary Fox
- Karen Smith
- Vernon Bonnette
Section 6.8. Vice President.
- Qualifications The office of Vice President shall require the same qualifications as the office of President.
- Duties The Vice President shall generally assist the President and shall have such powers and perform such duties and services as shall from time to time be prescribed delegated to such office by the President or the Board of Directors. The Vice President shall coordinate the delegation to the National Assembly.
- Limitations When acting in the office of President or when presiding in his place, the Vice President shall be under the same limitations as the President.
Section 6.10. Corresponding Secretary.
- Qualifications: The Corresponding Secretary shall be an active member of the Tres Dias Community in good standing who shall be willing to commit himself to spend the time required to keep the records of the Community. He shall be an active member of his local church and shall have worked at least one Tres Dias weekend.
- Duties: The Corresponding Secretary shall handle correspondence as necessary for the Board of Directors; shall maintain the master membership list, which will include the Newsletter mailing list; shall record each member’s service experience; shall receive and record candidate applications; shall make these listings available to the other committees as needed; and shall perform such other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the President or the Board of Directors.
Section 6.12. Treasurer.
- Qualifications: The Treasurer shall be an active member of the Tres Dias Community in good standing who shall be willing to commit himself to spend the time required to keep the records of the Community. He shall be an active member of his local church and shall have worked at least one Tres Dias weekend.
- Duties: The Treasurer shall be the chief accounting and financial officer of the Community and shall have active control of and shall be responsible for all matters pertaining to the accounts and finances of the Board and shall direct the manner of certifying the same; shall maintain control of all Board budgets as approved by the Board of Directors; shall make recommendations for budget changes to the Board of Directors; shall make financial analyses of overall costs and revenues to develop recommendations to the Board regarding future planning; shall supervise the manner of keeping all vouchers for payments by the Board and all other documents relating to such payments; shall receive, audit and consolidate all operating and financial statements of the Board and its various departments; shall have supervision of the books of account of the Board, their arrangements and classification; shall supervise the accounting and auditing practices of the Board and shall have charge of all matters relating to taxation. The Treasurer shall have the care and custody of all monies, funds and securities of the Board; shall deposit or cause to be deposited all such funds in and with such depositories as the Board of Directors shall from time to time direct or as shall be selected in accordance with procedures established by the Board; shall advise upon all terms of credit granted by the Board; shall be responsible for the collection of all its accounts and shall cause to be kept full and accurate accounts of all receipts, disbursements and contributions of the Board. The Treasurer shall have the power to endorse for deposit or collection or otherwise all checks, drafts, notes, bills of exchange or other commercial papers payable to the Board, and to give proper receipts or discharges for all payments to the Board. The Treasurer shall generally perform all duties usually appertaining to the office of treasurer of a corporation. In the absence or disability of the Treasurer, the duties of such office shall be performed and the powers may be exercised by the Assistant Treasurers in the order of their seniority, unless otherwise determined by the Treasurer, the President, or the Board of Directors.
- More specifically, the Treasurer shall make monthly reports to the board of the financial income and expenses of the Community by providing a profit and loss statement for each different weekend held by the Community and a profit and loss statement for the Community made up of non-weekend related income and expenses. These reports shall be in detail and show both current period and year to date.
• If someone has served 2 full 2-year positions, they must step down from
the board for a year.
Also, take note that
• An At-Large position can be nominated for that position again if they have
only served it for one year.
SCTD Nominating Committee 2023